Youth Prevention & Guardian Program
RELX is committed to providing tomorrow's vaping solutions. We are developing and pioneering both technology and programs focused on empowering adult smokers through technology and design, ethically. We take this responsibility very seriously -- since our inception, it has been our commitment to prevent and discourage the use of e-cigarettes by minors and people who are not smokers or vapers through the 'Guardian Program'. This Program is a company-wide initiative that stretches from product development to sales, through concerted efforts with retailers to step up on-site identification.
IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT US ABOUT A YOUTH PREVENTION ISSUE OR FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR POLICIES, PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT@RELXINTL.COM FOR MORE DETAILS.
Guardian program initiatives
- RELX products are not for people who do not smoke or vape or anyone underage and will be controlled tightly to avoid misuse.
- We support effective legislation and regulation to prevent the purchase and use of our products by minors.
- Our packaging includes a prominent nicotine label which reads "This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical."
- We market our products responsibly, following strict guidelines to have material directed toward adult smokers and not to youth audiences.
- We do not use cartoons, youth-oriented celebrities, or models who are under the age of 25 in our marketing material. We also do not feature in our promotional material any lifestyle activities that would appeal to the youth in particular.
- Our marketing material contain three elements: (1) a Health Warning, printed voluntarily in many countries where such warnings are not required by law; (2) our Guardian Program logo; and (3) a line indicating that our products are for existing adult smokers and vapers only.
- RELX’s official websites are age-gated to make sure minors are not able to access and purchase RELX products online.
- We are harnessing advanced technology to complement the Guardian Program.
- We do our utmost to promote the Guardian Program among our stakeholders and business partners in order to maximise its positive influence.
- We educate our commercial partners to implement the Guardian Program.
- We have reseller terms that include monitoring and penalties for noncompliance with underage restrictions.